Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mexico and Central America

I haven't fully decided whether I will just be leaving from here in Utah or from Nevada after working on the farm for a couple of weeks. There is also the possibility I might even begin my journey in Canada just to make it a full western hemisphere coverage minus the islands. I have however, made some plans as far as places to visit in Mexico and Central America. My mother has made a request that I visit the Sotano de las Golondrinas (Cave of Swallows) which is the deep cave that I'm sure most of you have seen or heard about on National Geographic that people base jump into. Now, I am no base jumper, but I am a very experienced mountain climber and rappeller and as I understand it, that is allowed though it may be the rainy season when I get there and my studies have shown that it has a lot of waterfalls during that time of year so I may just have to settle for the spectacular view, we'll see. We will then make our way over to Veracruz to do some surfing, after which we will head south to Mexico City mainly to visit the ruins of Teotihuacan. It was also suggested to me to visit Oaxaca. We'll be snorkeling in Belize and visiting the famous ruins of Tikal in Guatemala along with taking in the sites of the awe-inspiring Lake Atitlan and climbing the nearby volcanoes. You'll join me as I visit the famous cities of Antigua and Chichicastenango. These are a few of the places on my list for these countries and I'll leave you with that for now. I will continue with the sequential countries next week as I do some more research on places I think I would find interesting. Now it must be said before I leave you this week that amongst all of the locations I am planning to take you to, the most important and main reason for my adventures is to find places to volunteer and serve along the way. This information of locations will come after I do some research and communication with a few connections I have. Hopefully I will find the time soon to do this, but for now I will continue to get us all excited about the other adventures we will be having.

No comments:

Post a Comment